Ask the Locals: Best Things to Do in Brooklyn
February 21, 2019
Brooklyn is a hot word nowadays. Just over the East River from Manhattan, sits the most populous of the five boroughs. Brooklyn is a wealth of neighborhoods, food, views, and diverse people. But where to begin? Should you visit the artists in Bushwick, take in the views from Dumbo, or eat your way through Carroll Gardens? Our local NYC guides (most of whom live in Brooklyn) have tips on where to hang out and what to see. Many of these recommendations are off-the-tourist path and show you places that only the Brooklyn locals know.
- Brooklyn Grange, 63 Flushing Avenue
- Smorgasburg, 90 Kent Avenue (summers)
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Montague Street and Pierrepont Place
- Dumbo, Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass
- Red Hook Industry City, 220 36th Street
- Brooklyn Army Terminal/Sunset Park
Explore the food, drink, history and neighborhoods of Brooklyn with us on a walking tour… Use code UANYC for 10% off.
Have a New York question you want to ask our local experts? Leave a comment below and keep an eye out for our answers.