COVID-19, Safety and NYC Updates for our Guests
March 12, 2020
UPDATE (as of 3/16/20): NYC has announced the closing of all bars and restaurants; further suspension of non-essential activities is expected. Therefore, all tours are suspended through 14 April 2020.
If you would like to support us, you can do so by transferring your canceled tour into a gift certificate. Please rest assured we will be processing all booked guests in tour order; you can expect to hear from us by Friday, 3/20, at the latest.
As New York City and State continue to evaluate their response to COVID-19, we want to update you on the steps we are taking to ensure our guests are safe and still able to experience the world’s greatest city with the Best. Tours. Ever.
Because many of us are dealing with uncertainty related to travel and COVID-19, we wanted to update you on what we are doing here in NYC, with the understanding that things are in flux and could change day-to-day. As of now, our tours are suspended, but we hope to reopen as soon as possible.
Our on-going efforts are to present your Best. Day. Ever. and to ensure your safety. Some measures we will continue to take once our tours are running again:
1. All our expert local guides will have hand sanitizer and/or cleansing wipes for you to use throughout your tour.
2. We remain committed to small groups, which makes us unique among travel companies; most of the health advisories are about large gatherings, which is not how we operate.
3. We usually visit small mom & pop shops, who are also committed to remaining safe and providing a superior experience; we work personally with every vendor for carefully curated engagement.
4. We are actively communicating with all our vendors to ensure everyone is maintaining safety protocols.
We understand that despite our efforts, you may need to change your travel plans. We want to work with you in the event you must modify your reservation:
1. We will be happy to rebook you to a future date of your choosing; we are rebooking up to a year out, so simply contact us with your preferred date and we will reschedule you without penalty.
2. If you do not know when you will be traveling, we can issue you a gift certificate to be redeemed for a future tour with us; this certificate is fully transferable, meaning you can give it to a friend or family member should you like.
3. We are currently discounting our private group tours by 25%, as we know some guests may be more comfortable taking their tour with people that they know. If you would like to rebook to a private experience, we are happy to do this.
4. If you purchased your ticket from a 3rd party (e.g. Get Your Guide, Expedia, etc.), we will work with that reseller to make sure you’re satisfied with the outcome.
We are committed to safety among our guests, whether that’s navigating off-the-beaten-path NYC or being flexible during times of global crisis. We believe that providing you a memorable tour should be part of a positive and cherished experience in our city.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email at [email protected] or you can call us at 347-878-8444 with any questions you may have.
For updates specific to NYC, please visit the city’s main website here.
For more ways to protect yourself and others, please visit the CDC website for latest recommendations.