New York Times Journeys – Dumbo: The New Brooklyn
Locals know that in New York City, it’s the boroughs that have the best secrets to share. Dumbo is where artists and innovators are making their mark and a city is reinventing itself. With exclusive access and hands-on experiences curated by Urban Adventures and The New York Times, see the city through the eyes of a local guide.
Dumbo: The New Brooklyn Tour Highlights
- Travel like a local on the commuter ferry from Manhattan to Brooklyn
- Visit Brooklyn Bridge Park, built partly on old shipping piers, and get breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline
- Learn the history of Brooklyn’s waterfront and how it has transformed from industrial to recreational
- Try the offerings at some of the neighborhood’s favorite local food creators and businesses
- Feel the vibe that has attracted artists, innovators and tech companies, and revitalized the neighborhood
New York Times Exclusives:
- Behind-the-Scenes Access: Tour the Smile to Go Bakery with a staff member to watch pastries being made and taste them fresh out of the oven
- Hands-On Element: Pour your own beer at Randolph Brewing, where the beer is also made
- Local Interactions: Meet the staff at innovative places like Powerhouse Arena and the Brooklyn Roasting Company
- Exclusions: Tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Entrance of Pier 11, just East of South Street and Gouverneur Lane, underneath the F.D.R. Drive in Manhattan. GPS Coordinates
- Starting time: 9:00 AM